Thursday, July 15, 2010

R1P2D3 - 236.5 (-1.5) - First day of VLCD

I knew I didn't do as well on loading on day 2. I was -1.5 lbs this morning. Oh well...

So, I just finished my dinner on this first day of the VLCD. I survived! In my opinion, I have done very well today, except I didn't take my 1st dose of the HCG (or whatever it is) until right before lunch. I also took a Women's One a Day today, I figure I might as well.

I did get a little hungry right before dinner...nothing gnawing, just my body telling me that I may want to think about eating. I was surprised about the amount of food I had when I got my lunch ready, as it doesn't seem like much on paper. I really didn't want to finish my apple...lol...but I was ready for dinner 4 hours later.

And now, after I finished eating dinner...I can't figure out if I feel hungry or not...but I definitely feel something, maybe a little hungry? It may not have helped that I watched Man vs. Food while I ate....haha! Also, I have a bit of a headache that started a few minutes ago....I'm thinking it could be from NO SODA. I haven't had one all day....THAT is an accomplishment.

Also, I have been a bit sleepy today, so I'm thinking about going to bed early so I can start to get on a work schedule again.



MENU TODAY

Breakfast:
Slept through it.

Lunch:
100g grilled chicken breast with lemon pepper
200g of sliced tomato
1 green apple
1 melba toast

Dinner:
100g grilled chicken breast with lemon pepper
200g of lettuce/spinach mix, tomato and red radishes with lemon juice

Snack:
1 green apple
1 melba toast

4 comments:

  1. Way to go - awesome job on Day 1 VLCD. I ended up doing three days of loading so today was my VLCD 1 too. We're at the exact same starting point except this is R2 for me.

    I'm pretty sure that I only had 100gram of veggies per meal and I mixed them. I notice that you're having 200g. I'll have to go back and reread that section of the protocol again to be sure.

    Congrats on the job by the way. That's wonderful. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! I always get a headache in the first couple days, maybe a detox effect? I also always feel a little hunger, this usually passes to some degree. Good job on getting through the first day, and great job on your job offer!

    I left you something on my blog. Here's the link. If you do that kind of thing, great, if not, no problemo. Just want to pass on what was given to me to someone deserving. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB!!

    Kathryn, no mixing veggies and they are only limited to not exceeding your 500 cals a day. The protein, melba, and fruit are the only ones limited to a specific amount. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn - I read on a forum that the measurement for protocol veggies is 200g. Thats where I got the measurement. I guess I need to figure up the calories.

    Bunpoh - Thanks so much and I will check it out!

    Helderheid - I may have cheated on the no-mixing veggies rule...as I had lettuce, tomato and radish salads. How detrimental is the no mixing? do we know why it matters?

    ReplyDelete