Sunday, July 11, 2010

Great, as if I wasn't worried enough....

I have always been one of those people who over-research things. Unfortunately, I usually do most of the research AFTER it's too late. I buy a car and THEN go get it checked out by a mechanic. I order something electronic and only after it comes in the mail, do I see if it will accomplish what I want to do with it. Seems my stupidity may have just bitten me again...

As you know, I ordered my HCG from Celeste HCG and have been anxiously awaiting it's delivery. While I have been waiting I have been doing research to get myself "ready" for this journey and get as much information as I can about the protocol. I even signed up for Yahoo group called HcgDieters.

Well, in that group...they bash the drops from Celeste. They say they lose potency very fast and the dosing instructions are unclear. They say they are way over priced. I ordered 60 days worth for me and a friend...and now I'm worried they won't even last the 30 days that we'll be on them. They talk bad about the website, which in my opinion, looks better than alot of others I have seen. And on Celeste's site, they say that the drops are real HCG but some of the people on the Yahoo group say they are homeopathic (I'm confused about all that homeopathic vs. real).

Anyway...so now I'm stuck wondering if we wasted $81, when we could barely afford to spend it. Where is the best place to get HCG? I would rather stick to sublingual, but I want real HCG. Man, I should have never joined that Yahoo group.

And if that weren't bad enough...it seems that my 7 year old laptop has finally overheated for it's last time. I was just about to begin writing this post when it just shut off and now it won't turn back on....so no more blogging from my bedroom, I guess :(

PS - I renamed the blog. The other title was a bit long. I think this one will do nicely. :D

8 comments:

  1. I have no experience with Celeste but have heard the same stories you have. By the way, unless Celeste is a doctor who can prescribe real HCG, there is either no HCG in that bottle, or if there is, she's breaking the law. I personally ordered mine from an overseas pharmacy and mixed it myself. Last round I used a new recipe that used only sterile saline as the mix. I also read that we should be dosing twice the amount as we used to as sublingual dosers according to a doctor doing research. 5000 iu of HCG (I used Corion brand) mixed with 20 ML of sterile saline solution (you can buy it from any pharmacy called "simply saline" wound wash) will last approx. 1 week, unless you use the old mixing instructions and then it will last you 2:

    http://yourhcgcoach.com/WhereToBuyHCG.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! Welcome to the wonderful world of HCG. You are right where I was before I started round 1. I'll be starting round 2 in about a week. Looking forward to seeing you progress!

    Darby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helderheid - Well, all I can do is try it, I guess. I did just read that it does test positive on a pregnancy test, but I'll test mine when I get it. And if it doesn't work, I'll order it from a pharmacy. But it should at least work like homeopathic, shouldn't it?

    Darby - Thanks for the welcome! Did you do injections or sublingual?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, if it tests positive on a pregnancy test YOU'RE GOOD TO GO. :) She's just in trouble for selling illegally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did injections. The second round will also be injections, but third round I'd like to try the cream(?). I'm researching that now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a LOT of debate over homeopathic drops vs. "real" HCG. I personally buy from overseas and mix it myself- I do the injections which are just uber easy. You can buy the homeopathic drops legally because technically they don't have any hcg in them (if they did the FDA would ban them), but some people have great results with the drops. My husband and I did do a lot of research before starting, and it helped that my best friend Ame has lost over 100 pounds on the HCG protocol and was able to guide me, and I chose the injections simply because that is what Dr. Simeon covers in Pounds and Inches. Don't be discourage about the drops you ordered, even if they aren't as potent as they could be you will be on your way to a slimmer you! In the meantime I would get on youtube and start watching HCG vlogs! So many great and inspiring videas, and I guarantee you'll learn lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Girl thanks for following me. I have used the HHCG drops and have lost 40 pounds. I know there is alot said in lots of places negativly but I think the bottomline is how bad do you want it. I love eating healthier and understanding better the combinations of calories that we consume and do not realize sometimes that we are consuming. I give shots to my little guy everyday and so I just could not do it to myself, call me wimpy, and I decided that God made the herbs so Homeopathic would just have to work also. Sometimes I want to expirament and go RX sublingual but the price just kills me off so I have found, an am ordering today homeopathic HCG for 40$ for a 4oz from the same place I have always gotten it and it worked for me. Remmeber your the one who has to call the shots its your body.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Kathleen - what pharmacy do you use? BTW, what does (LID) mean on your weight logs?

    @ HCGpower - Well, I want it bad....so I'm just gonna stick with what I have and if I get no results, I'll change it up....but I think I'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete