Saturday, August 14, 2010

R1P2D8 - 231 (-1.6)...Wow!

Wow, all that whining was for nothing! What a nice loss!!!

Just like me to have a great loss and then sabotage myself by eating off protocol.

I was out of town and didn't have my food. Well, 2pm hit and I was really feeling a little weak but not starving. We pulled into a little mexican restaurant. And yes, I ate. I didn't eat like I normally do, but I did eat off protocol. I ordered a chicken fajita taco salad but I ordered it with no beans, sour cream, cheese or guacamole. So what I essentially had was lettuce, tomato, jalapeño and chicken.... with salsa on top. I did eat a few chips with salsa and I think I had 3-4 chips dipped maybe 1/3 of the way in chili con queso. If only I wouldn't have eaten the chips or the queso, I think I would have been fine, but now I'm worried that I will see a gain tomorrow....but whatever. It was the best choice given what was available at the time. (and it was amazing!)

TODAY'S MENU

Lunch
Taco Salad (modified) with chicken
A few chips and hot sauce
3-4 chips with queso

Dinner
3 grilled pork ribs (I know, I know....)
1 bite of mustard potato salad

Before bed
1 12oz glass of 2% milk (doh!)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice loss! However, please don't be surprised if you see a gain on tomorrow's weigh-in. The chips/queso/salsa could have an effect. The chicken may have been cooked with oil, which also could make you show a gain.

    Listen, we've all been there when we've had bad days and wanted to throw in the towel. BUT. those are usually the days that will give you the nicest reward on the scale the following day, IF you just stick to the protocol. The procotol works. You just have to work the protocol!

    Get back on track immediately, and stick with it tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, even if you show a gain tomorrow.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete