Tuesday, August 10, 2010

R1P2D4 - 236 (-2.4)

Well, I woke up with a slight headache this morning.

I'm not sure if it was because of the change in diet, the lack of caffiene or the fact that my daughter came in and woke me up at 3am because she broke up with her boyfriend and needed to talk to me for an hour. Not wanting to end up with the 2 day long migrane I had last time I tried this, I just relented and drank a Coke Zero, knowing full well I shouldn't but at the time, not having a headache at work was more important. When I got to work, I took some acetaminophen and between the coke and the meds, my headache subsided.

Anyway, I'm thinking that I am going to get bored with this food. I'm not sick of it yet, but I really don't know how to eat the veggies I like and still be "on protocol". I love tomatoes with a bit of salt. This is what I have been eating with my chicken breast or tilapia fillets.

The allowed veggies are spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus and cabbage. I crossed off the veggies that I don't like. So that leaves spinach (I only like baby spinach but not plain), green salad (what does this consist of? just lettuce?), celery (I like it with peanut butter or ranch, but plain?), onions (plain? ugh!), red radishes (they're ok but they get old REAL fast) and cucumbers (I like them in vinegar with onions but I can't eat them too often). So here I sit pretty much eating sliced tomatoes at every meal. What do I do?

Also, if my daily calorie intake only adds up to 485, what do I do?

Anyway, I dropped 2.4 pounds! That something to smile about, I guess.

TODAY'S MENU

LUNCH
100g lemon pepper chicken breast - 100cal
2 tomatoes - 44cal
1 apple - 95cal

DINNER
100g lemon pepper chicken breast -100cal
Baby spinach leaves with lemon juice -10-15?
Cucumbers and onions in vinegar -20-25?
1 orange - 62cal
2 melba toast - 40cal

Total calories: 481

EDIT:  TMI ALERT!!! About an hour after dinner, I took my Women's One a Day vitamin, 2 Motrin PM for my headache and an antibiotic that I am on. A few minutes later, I felt like I was going to be sick, so I sat up and tried to make it subside and well.... I wasn't successful. I had to run to the bathroom and vomit. I believe most of my dinner came up. I couldn't bear to eat anything else, so I just went to bed, after taking 2 more Motrin PM with water.

5 comments:

  1. I don't count calories. I just make sure I eat the appropriate portion of protein, fruit, and melba/grissini. I don't measure my veggies. I just eyeball it.

    With onions, you could sauté them when making say a hamburger with 96/4 lean beef. You can use lettuce as a "taco" shell for beef or chicken or even fish. You'll figure it out. I'm to the point that I don't even want to eat so it really doesn't matter to me how things are prepared. I keep it simple. I figure this is a small percentage of my life I'm without some tasty foods and my focus is on dropping the pounds, not how food tastes. I was obsessed my first round trying to come up with different recipes. Now I stick to pretty much simple things and it's worked for me. I also don't eat the same veggie twice in one day. Tomatoes are higher in sugar as are onions so don't over do them. Then again everyone is different so it may not be a bother for ya.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...try to mix up your proteins and veggies at each meal...AND NO MORE TUNA! Way to fatty for this phase. Try misting red wine vinegar on your veggies...tastes a lot like salt. Mix up your fruits, too. Apple in the morning? Then strawberries at night. My fave fruit is half a grapefruit, sprinkled with Stevia and cinnamon then pop it under the broiler for 5 minutes or so...juicy and sooooo good. Also, try the same thing with apple wedges. The habanero sauce should be fine, but I'd try to lose the diet coke...those crazy ingredients really fly in the face of the protocol. Do you like coffee? Or tea? You can get your caffeine fix with those...but don't count that liquid as part of your day's water.

    You are doing great! Did you take your measurements too? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought there was more fat in 100g of a chicken breast than in 100g of albacore tuna in water. And I am not a coffee or tea drinker at all and if I could bring myself to drink either, it would have to be sweetened...and I don't want to use Stevia. Oh yea and my measurements are over there on the right side of this blog :) >>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used splenda all throughout my last 3 rounds, to sweeten my tea, and had no side effects. Of course, you will need to do what you think best. Tuna is a very fatty fish, and that's why we can't have it in P2. Its OK in P3/P4, just not in P2.

    Have you looked into getting one of the HCG cookbooks? It was a lifesaver for me. I too, am a very finicky eater, and don't like many of the veggies allowed on the protocol. However, the cookbook helps you prepare those veggies you like in new and different ways. They were really tasty dishes too-

    ReplyDelete