Friday, August 13, 2010

R1P2D7 - 232.6 (-0)

Wow, I'm dissappointed. No loss. What did I do wrong?

Whine ALERT!
I have to admit, I find myself already wanting to quit. I'm so sick of the food! Not quit trying to lose weight, of course, just quit trying to do it in such a drastic way. I don't like the way I feel when I wake up in the morning. That feeling doesn't go away until I eat lunch. I have very little support at home and I just wish I could eat some other foods. I'm not even craving junk. Even some whole grain bread or pasta would make me happy, or even a glass of milk! Either way, the decision has to be made before I finish this bottle of HCG, because I have 4 left and that is a full course that someone could use if they wanted to try this protocol. Maybe I could sell it and the supplies to a friend. I dunno....*sigh

TODAY'S MENU

Lunch:
110g of lowfat cottage cheese on a bed of spinach (this was yummy)
1 tomato
I forgot to eat my apple

Dinner:
100g lemon pepper tilapia
baby spinach
cucumbers in vinegar
1 orange
1 melba

5 comments:

  1. No losses happen - I know how frustrating it feels, believe me! Dr. S. talks about it in P&I. It's part of the fat flushing out.

    You really need to do a minimum of 23 days. I hope you can hang in there, but do what is best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's what saved me in the mornings, as I was used to eating breakfast, and couldn't wait until lunch to eat my first food of the day:

    I would eat 1/4 of an apple, cut into fourths & one serving of grissini. I buy the thin grissini, and 2 sticks of it equal one serving. So I could eat my 1/4 apple and 2 grissini sticks with a cup of hot tea and I would be satisfied until lunch.

    Each morning, I would cut one apple up into quarters. I then cut each quarter up into fourths. yes, they're small slivers of apple, but it looks like more this way. I would eat 1/4 (4 slices) at breakfast, 1/2 (8 slices) at lunch, and 1/4 (4 slices) mid-afternoon.

    I imagine you're used to eating something at breakfast and your system just isn't ready to go cold-turkey until lunch-time.

    I know you've had a bit of trouble enjoying the melba toasts, so I would strongly suggest trying the thin grissini's. I find them very tasty. You need to eat the melba toasts/grissini so you don't develop an 'immunity' as it were, to them when you reach P3/P4. Some people who've done without them, have had trouble when they've tried to add them back in in P3/P4. Don't make that same mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. I would strongly suggest that you get a copy of the HCG cookbook to vary your menu. By eating the same thing repeatedly, that's a danger zone. You will get tired of the food. There's no need to get bored because the cookbook has so many great recipes in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no denying that this is not easy but the result are so worth staying in for the long haul because the time goes by sooooo quickly and the reward is worth it. It is only day 7 and you are not hungry. That is a good thing and you know the hcg is working. Part of your frustration is not seeing the daily loss because you learn to expect one every day. But then the next day you could lose 2 pounds and it is exciting and you get the motivation back. A big part of this is getting past the *mental* cravings. I have struggled and so have others so we know the drill. You know you body best and what you can tolerate but i would suggest to give it another week and then regroup and see what you think. Sending you good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice and good vibes, y'all!

    ReplyDelete