Friday, June 3, 2011

Outback Adventures (Day 6)

This is my last weekend with my 13 yr old before she goes to her dad's for a month, then goes to spend a month with her aunt. She REALLY wanted to go out for dinner so we went to Outback.

Being a "newbie" I was kind if nervous....but I ordered the Outback Special 6oz. (which was 5oz cooked) with no butter, a salad with dressing on the side (I ordered the only lite dressing they had - Tangy Tomato, but it was gross so I got Ranch), and Broccoli and Squash (which I hate both)..... with no butter.

The salad came with croutons, onions and chesse so I tossed the onion and crouton to my daughter and picked off as much cheese as I could. I dipped my salad in the dressing and barely used any, but I ate all the salad and surely is was over 1 cup. I ate a couple bites of the squash and broccoli...maybe half the portion....and I ate all the yummy steak.

One thing though...when our steaks came out they both has the added 3 grilled shrimps on them. The water had screwed up but I asked if there was butter on mine and when he said no....I ate those wonderful little things....so this was my indulgence I suppose. I think all in all I ended up eating close to the proper amount of veggies and meat....I just splurged on the 3 shrimps.

One odd thing....my daughter had ordered a Coke Zero for me when they seated her (I was parking the car) and when I took a drink, it was awful....(to me only)....I ordered water for the first time ever in a restaurant and drank the whole thing.

I walked out feeling very proud of myself....even if I had 3 shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment