Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 6 - 242.2 (-.8)

Well, last night I went to the grocery store since I was running out of greens. I got some spinach, mushrooms, chicken...and then I saw a display of Laughing Cow cheese. Yes, I know some say it's on plan and some say it's not, but I figured it would be nice to have in the house if i wanted some cheese once in a while so I bought one package of Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle. I got some more bottled water and I was done.

Dinner consisted of 1 c. of spinach, 1 c. of mushrooms and 6 oz. of chicken breast strips with 2 tbs. of light ceasar dressing. Then...I thought....I should really try that LC cheese, so I grabed 2 wedges, since I read that they equal 1 healthy fat and I must say they were yummy! But after dinner, what I experienced could only be classified as guilt. Why did I think I NEEDED that cheese? Is the ceasar dressing considered a fat too? I only needed one fat serving yesterday....oh, well. Learning experiences, I guess.

About 7pm, I realized I forgot my evening meal, so I went to see what looked good and I decided to try the Dark Chocolate Anti-Oxidant Shake. It was the first time I have ever used my little blender that I have had for 6 years lol. When I used it a slight burning smell came out of the motor, what I could only guess as dust burning off it, lol. Anyway, I added 1 c. of water and crushed ice to it and I had a shake! It was OK. First taste was great....before I was done, I was forcing myself to finish it...it wasn't bad, I just didn't want it. And this shake came with the free week pack. I won't ever order the Dark Chocolate one. Too much of an aftertaste. Which reminds me, I need to order some Dutch Chocolate shake powder...I seem to drink a shake everyday and I only ordered a case of 24 ready-to-drink shakes.




Now to the good news...yes, I weighed today. No, I haven't hidden my scale. I have this scale and I love it! But it sure is acting weird. I weighed after I got up this morning (after I went to the bathroom, of course) and it read 242.2 which is a .8 loss. Yay! Then I got out of the shower, dried off and weighed again. This time the scale read 242.0 I have always assumed I would weigh more with wet hair than dry. I don't know why but it just sounds logical to me. Maybe it is something to do with the sensor stuff and a wet body....I dunno. Well, the weight I am logging is the first reading...so I down 5.8 pounds after 5 days on MF. I really wanted to get to 10 by my official weigh in day, but that's OK. What matters is: I AM DOING THIS!!!!

I am taking my kids to the movies this weekend. I would usually get candy from the dollar store and buy a big tub of popcorn, but popcorn has been a no-no since I got my braces in April. Obviously, I will be skipping the candy so I think I will just take a bag of parm. puffs and have a Diet Coke, as a treat. Up until the day I started MF, I drank 7-8 Coke Zeros every day. I have no had even a sip of one since MF....although there is a case of them in my fridge at home and 10 in my mini-fridge at work. Great, now I'm thinking about them...lol

Have a Great Friday!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment